Thursday, January 03, 2008

A Fresh Start

Its next year, the first day of a new semester. Ms. Brighton is back from maternity leave and I'm getting reacquainted with my life as an unattached day to day sub.

Today I'm here for a chemistry teacher. Tomorrow, who knows? Maybe I'll get the call to sub for one of the lunch ladies. Maybe I'll go to the Indian Buffet.

Its third period and everything is going great. First period the only three students in the room slept like perfect angels from bell to bell. Second period the two students closest to my desk and I had a conversation about Seinfeld, weight loss techniques, U.S. currency, cars and what we did over winter break. I rode my bike and went to some parties. Cameron inherited a Dodge Intrepid from his dad. Marvin used a tape recorder to record himself playing Guitar Hero and then listened to the tape while driving around in his mom's minivan.

Its good to be back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Colin Loughlin said...

It's good to have you back.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home