Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Dark Day.

I always thought some things were sacred. Apparently the people in charge of schedualing at Gateway High School disagree. They knowingly and willfully took from me, my 90 minutes of nourishment and replenishment and left me with 34 minutes for "lunch." If an honest, hard-working American substitute teacher can't have a 90 minute lunch every day of the week then the terrorists have truely won. I have yet to consult with my attorney (Daniel J. Burke, Esquire), but suffice it to say, the St. Louis Public School District can look forward to a phone call from the friendly people at OSHA.

For Christ sake, it takes me the better part of ten minutes to wash my hands. At the speed i'm going to have to eat my lunch from now on, you might as well set your Tivo in advance for next years Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, because I'll be there. And if I take down Kobaiashi next Independence Day, I most definately will not be thanking the St. Louis Public Schools.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home