Friday, October 12, 2007

I Shouldn't Care That It's Friday

Knowing the bell scheduale by heart, the location of the faculty bathroom, the nearest fast food restaurant, the number to dial for security, these are important things for a sub to know. What day of the week is it? Who cares, I'm a sub.

Today is Friday. I've known all week that today was going to be Friday, and I care, I've been looking forward to it. That's how I know something is very wrong.

The reason I love subbing is that, for a sub, any day you work might as well be Friday, it might as well be the Friday before Graduation. When the bell rings at 2:18, if you don't want to, you don't have to go back to school for two days, three days, or the rest of your life. Its a nice perk.

Sadly its a perk that for the rest of the semester does not apply to me. I have dug myself into the same hole I have found myself in several times before. The purgatory of working everyday, like a real teacher, but still getting paid at the lower substitute rate. Why do I keep doing this to myself?

The worst part of all? Lunch is only 30 minutes, with no possibility of parole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home