Friday, April 25, 2008

Would a Custodian Please Report to ISS

Today there were two students in ISS. One was on his last day of a 4 day sentence, the other on his first of three. After the end of 2nd period the new kid, Michael, was getting antsy. Apparently he doesn't repond well to boredom.

Students in ISS get to leave the room 4 times a day. Three group bathroom breaks and ISS lunch. Before It was even time for our first bathroom break Michael was absolutely itching to get out of the room. I explained to him that the only time he was getting out was for lunch and three bathroom breaks.

"What if I'm sick? Can I go to the nurse?"

"You'd have to be really sick, like puking or something."

The first bathroom break was about 30 minutes after our conversation. Michael spent those 30 minutes, from 8:45 to 9:15 eating a jumbo container of Sour Patch Straws. At 9:15 we took a bathroom break.

On the way back to the room Michael stopped in the hallway about 15 feet from the door of ISS, bent slightly at the waist and silently puked orangish clear goo onto the floor of the hallway.

I was stunned. I couldn't tell if was throwing up or spitting a mouthful of water on the ground.

"Michael, what the hell was that?"

"I don't know"

"You know you've got to clean that up, right?"

"Ok"

he went into the room to get some paper towels, stopped right by my desk, and did it agin.

"Michael, go to the nurse."

"OK"

I'll say one thing about Michael. He knows how to get what he wants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home