Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Day Is Long And The Notebook Is Empty

Ever since I saw Jerry Seinfeld's movie Comedian, I have had it in my mind to start tinkering with a standup comedy routine. That was years ago and somehow it took me until today to realize that substitute teaching is the perfect job to have while working on a routine. Seven different captive audiences of 20 to 30 bored teenagers every day. The only question is, would they rather do worksheets or watch Mr.Lee embarass himself? The sad thing is that I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

The highschool environment is rich with potential material, school lunches, pregnant girls, pep rallies, homework, in-school, Mr. Walter's breath and on and on. The only real problem is going to be finding a replacemant for the butt sex jokes that everyone knows are the heart and soul of good comedy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lee,
I just happened to stumble across this blog. Instead of wrapping up some important projects with this semester, I've spent a good chunk of the day reading your posts. Keep up the good work. I think I need to start subbing.
Tim Tom Ding-A-Ling

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home