Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Do you have $30? Do you want to live?

Its 7:15 and it looks like I won't be working. Then the phone rings. The system offers me a job teaching gym at my favorite school. Its light outside and the first bell rings in 5 minutes.

I get to school about 7:40 and go to unlock the gym. Mr. Thompson's schedule shows that I don't have any students until 9:30.

When I was out of town this weekend I spent every afternoon flying Air Hog R/C planes. I discovered that it is the greatest thing in the world. The entire time I was yearning for the day I would have the opportunity to fly one inside the gymnasium.

By 8:45 I'm back from Target with a fully charged Aero Ace. The air is calm except for the bumble bee whine of the twin electric propellers. Gracefully the Aero Ace carves the placid air. My spirit soars on Styrofoam wings 5, 10, 15 minutes at a time. I'm getting paid $91 dollars for LIVING.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home