Thursday, March 08, 2007

Prom Theme Ideas with Mr. Awesome

Its second period right now and I have a small group of juniors in an advanced biology class. They are talking about prom. Renting limos, getting hotel rooms, hair styles, prom themes.

The Gateway prom this year is downtown at The Renaissance Grand Hotel. I'm not sure if a final decision has been made on the theme but everyone in this classroom is leaning towards, 007.

A James Bond themed prom is an alright idea, especially for the class of 2007, but I suggested another, better prom theme. A Night in the Gymnasium.

Imagine decorating the Renaissance Grand's main ballroom with basketball hoops and bacteria laden blue wrestling mats. Throw up a couple of mock state champion banners in the rafters and it would be like having your prom in an actual highschool gymnasium. The non-athletic kids could refuse to dress and sit in the bleachers like they do in gym class instead of having to stand awkwardly around the punch bowl. The best part is A Night in the Gymnasium has a built in fail safe mechanism. If the dancing and romancing never really takes off, you can always bust out a couple of basketballs and get everybody into a giant game of knockout in formal wear.

If my theme idea works out I am ready and willing to chaperon prom in a Nike jogging suit with a whistle around my neck. It would be my pleasure.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a jr. and that sounds really cool, since everyone in my school loves basketball.
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm still sorta new to St Lu. How would I join your bike club?
I used to do things with Chunk 666 in Portland. I'd been looking for a fun bike group here.
-Beth
medethray@yahoo.com

10:18 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Some really cool prom theme ideas were just voted on at Ranker.com. Black and White theme took the cake of course...

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home