Wednesday, September 27, 2006

On Early Retirement.

I went to White Castle today for lunch. I sat next to four, very old, very foul-mouthed men who shared a table drinking coffee and telling off color jokes and stories. Their fat red noses jiggled disconcertingy as they laughed over exagerated stories of 50 year old indiscresions. They discussed the sexual applications of a pint of Jack Daniels and the price of tomatoes at the local supermarket. One by one they excused themselves to go home and take their naps.

I am more than a little tempted to start drinking coffee, get certified as a teacher and put in my 25 years, so that by 2031 I'll be able to pull up a chair at their table and start living the American Dream.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love White Castle!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home