Thursday, September 21, 2006

That's More Like It.

Tommorow is a district wide Professional Development Day (no students = no subs). So Week Four goes down in the books as the first "one day work week" of the new school year. Life is great when you are an unattched sub.

I'am back at Gateway today, but free and clear of the ball and chain that was room 315 west. I've seen some of my former student in the hall today and they are none to pleased with my replacement. One kid called the new guy "Morgan Freeman from Stand By Me." I'm not sure Morgan Freeman was even in Stand By Me, but I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I've seen that movie.

I administered a standardized test today. I passed out #2 pencils, test booklets and answer sheets. I read instructions from the Administrators booklet. It was a pretty sweet gig. Look for this experience to make its way onto the qualifications section of my resume in the near future.

"So, Mr. Awesome, It says here you have experience administering standardized tests."
"Yes, Sir. It's something that I am very passionate about."
"Well, to be completely honest, we were considering several other applicants, but in light of your test proctoring experience, it would be foolish of me not to offer you immediate employment and a signing bonus as the new starting Shortstop for the St. Louis Cardinals."
"Thank you so much Sir. You will not regret this decision."

Who says there is no future in substitute teaching?

1 Comments:

Blogger JeffP said...

I think your student meant Lean On Me in referring to your replacement as "Morgan Freeman in..." It's an honest mistake, but the real question is, if your replacement is "Morgan Freeman in Lean On Me," then what does that make you? My vote is going to have to be for "Chevy Chase in Caddyshack."

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na...

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home