Thursday, April 26, 2007

Friday! Friday! Friday!

Gateway High has finished MAP testing for the 2007 school year. The students took the tests seriously and performed to the best of their abilities. The administration figures that this calls for a reward. So each day this week, for the last period of the day, there is a special program instead of normal classes.

Tuesday: A concert by the gospel choir and jazz band.

Wednesday: A visit from the 104.1 FM The Beat Hot Squad, featuring performances by Young Dip and Ludy.

Thursday: Juniors vs. Faculty volleyball game.

Friday: Seniors vs. Faculty basketball game.

So far so good. On Tuesday as the jazz band was packing up their instruments and the students were filing out of the auditorium a flying white Reebok came about four inches from nailing me in the chin. And yesterday, the leader of 104.1 FM's hot squad questionably judged in favor of the boys in the battle of the sexes dance off. Sure, the boys were good, but i think 104.1 may need to invest in a new applause-o-meter.

I'm filling the teachers desk in ISS again today so I don't think I'll be attending the Juniors vs. Faculty volleyball game this afternoon. But my name is #10 on the faculty sign up list for the game on Friday. I wonder if the principal will mind if I teach teach in gym shorts and a sleeveless T-shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home